Southern California’s #1 Heritage Rhythmic CHR KKUU/Palm Springs is looking for the next Programming genius. If you are a great manager of people, detail oriented, good planner and understand the Latino market then rush your resume, air check and programming philosophy to jobs@DesertRadioGroup.com. This job includes an air shift. No calls please, EOE.
General Sales Manager
Desert Radio Group is seeking a full-time experienced sales professional to develop and sell company assets as advertising and marketing solutions to new and existing business clients. The primary objective is to achieve service goals and revenue targets while helping clients meet key business objectives.
The successful candidate will have expert-level written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills. The candidate must be: self motivated, enthusiastic, goal driven, able to work independently on tight deadlines, and work with internal and external clients to achieve desired results in a fast paced, demanding environment.
The successful candidate will: create and develop successful business relationships, solicit new business through prospecting and cold calling, make ten face to face sales presentations weekly, manage and develop existing assigned accounts, identify clients’ specific advertising needs and achieve revenue targets as defined by management, accurately forecast revenue on a rolling three-month basis, adhere to company policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, etc., and monitor competitive media.
It is preferred that a candidate have prior experience in successful media sales role with a proven track record of prospecting through cold-calling, networking, attending professional functions and achieving revenue targets, but not required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations, expert-level written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills, and professional appearance are all a must. This role also requires the highest degree of integrity and ethics, and includes occasional overtime, including weekend and evening work. A valid driver license, access to a suitable vehicle with automobile insurance is necessary.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), healthcare & childcare flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick leave.
Desert Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume to:
Desert Radio Group
1321 N Gene Autry Trail
Palm Springs, CA 92262-5473
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Promotions
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Promotions
This job is part-time and on-call basis. The Desert Radio Group Street Team staff will work as an ambassador, representing the company professionally with positive attitude while providing support to any and all station related events (clients, community, special events, etc.). Street Team will set-up/strike event equipment, assist Radio Personality on-site, answer any questions listeners may have and promote whatever required by the station.
- Must have valid California driver’s license, with clean record and current auto insurance
- 18 years of age or older with high school diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service/clerical office experience
- People oriented, friendly, respectful, and responsible individual with common sense, ability to adjust to different environment and situations, be proactive and helpful
- Have knowledge of all DRG stations, its formats, basic station info
- Must be able to lift/carry/set-up minimum 50lb equipment on your own
- Must be able to drive vans and other non compact vehicles
- Some computer skills required, Word & Excel are a must
- Must have flexible schedule, must be available on weekends – no exceptions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute any and all assigned station-related events and tasks
- Set up and break down of station event equipment, i.e. tables, booths, banners, sound system, stage, backdrop, etc.
- Follow directions and supervision of Promotions Coordinator and Director of Marketing & Promotions
- Communicate effectively with listeners, potential clients, sponsors, anyone who approaches you with inquires. Understand the mission of every event and execute with professionalism
- Follow all guidelines and safety procedures
HOW TO APPLY:
Fax resume to: (760)322-5493 Attn: Jose Rodriguez – Promotions Coordinator
Email resume to: Jose.Rodriguez@desertradiogroup.com
Mail resume to: Desert Radio Group
Human Resources / Promotions Dept.
1321 North Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs, CA 92262